Friday, August 31, 2012

Sunshine…..!!!!! ----- YELLOW BLOG HOP

WELCOME to a blog hop!

I thought I would start this post with a little story behind the creation of this layout…

..As some of you know, I recently underwent neurosurgery twice in the past 3 months, and whilst I was in hospital and recovering at home, unbeknowns to me, the lovely and caring scrapbooking community that I have befriended both online and IRL, came together.

They put their love, thoughts and prayers together in the form of “A Box of Sunshine”…where the girls sent Kayla bits of scrapping, handmade items, ‘smellies’, jewellery and several cards, not to mention the huge amount collected for vouchers for me to spend at various stores around Australia.

So this post is not only a blog hop, but also a HUGE thank you to everyone involved in my ‘Box of Sunshine’…and here is a layout I created with several of the items I received

IMG_3929IMG_3930

Some of the generous people shown on this layout are :

-Charms Creations, Purple Pumpkin, Lil Red Rocket, Greatest View, A Lil’ Somethin

Here are a couple of photos of the day I received the package

IMG_3715IMG_3717IMG_3718

----------------------SO BACK TO THE BLOG HOP----------------------

So I am actually last on the list, so the blog hops starts here:

Karen Hansson

Kerri Geoghegan

Leonie Neal-Dawson

Marcia Pringle

Sharryn Thomson

and then me….

 

So there you go…!!!!

Happy scrapping

x x x

14 comments:

WendyMac said...

So very pleased that you are recovering from your surgery - how daunting for you. x Your layout is gorgeous as ever. What a lovely heartfelt gift for you. Hugs x.

Leonie said...

Hi Wendy, so glad you're getting to play with all the goodies in your box of Sunshine. It's a Gorgeous layout!
What a perfect idea to blog about your box of sunshine for this yellow themed hop.
Kayla is such a treasure for organising it all.
cheers. :)

Kerri said...

I'm so glad you're recovering well from your surgery and enjoying your Box of Sunshine :-) Your are one aMAZing scrapper!

Alison said...

Hi Wendy, I'm so glad your box of sunshine has brightened your recovery. It warms my heart to know scrappers form such a caring and supportive community. I often lurk around your blog but today I have been yellow hopping! I love admiring all the little details you add to your LOs, so much to look at! Such a wonderfully warm sunshiny LO.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

It was a big yellow tub wasn't it! It was a warm and fuzzy feeling to be part of something special for you, and to see the delight on your face.

xx M

Belinda Scott said...

Glad that you are recovering and playing with all your goodies :D

Lizzyc said...

Oh that is lovely, I hope everything is on the mend now.. and I love yellow, it is so cheerful and a very happy color. and the layout you created looks wonderful.. take care... get totally well!!

Sharryn Thomson said...

That's one massive Box of Sunshine my friend...more like a truck load :)
Love your layout and hope you're feeling much, much better xx

Paula said...

So glad you're making use of your goodies from 'a box of sunshine'. It was so sweet of Kayla to organise & even though I haven't met you irl, couldn't help but join in the fun...it kind of restores your faith ;) Lovely layout, especially the yellow...it's such a happy colour! Best wishes for a full recovery.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Oh, that was so sweet of them! I am sorry to hear about your problem..I didn't know! My prayers are with you!So this is a special layout and I just love it!!!
Take care
xxx

Lizzy Hill said...

DOn't put me in the hop - but I had to say 'awwww' that's sooo nice - you are blessed to have such friends:):):) Hope you're getting on well, now:):)

Chloe said...

Great pics, Wendy!! Lovely to see some of the 'bits' on a happy sunshiney page!! :-) :-)

Karen said...

Hope your a on a fast track to recovery, Loved that Kaylah organised some sunshine for you. Loving coming by to see all your lovely work xx

Monique said...

Wendy it warms my heart to see you so happy with that lil box of sunshine. So glad you liked it.
So happy you are recovering well now.
Love your layout too - may just have to scraplift those gorgeous "pennants" down the side ;)